Finding the right audiology clinic for your hearing needs can be a difficult journey. You deserve high-quality help from those who care about improving your hearing. Read more about why The Hearing Place should be your choice for your Fort Collins audiology clinic.
Who We Are
The Hearing Place is an independent provider for hearing services, locally owned and operated by an audiologist, that prioritizes our patients in every step of our process. Patients are involved from the very beginning until the end in learning about their diagnosis. We give all of our patients the necessary information and tools they need to lead a more fulfilling, rewarding, and engaged life.
Through hearing loss consultations and clinical hearing screenings, our audiologists help people at all stages of healing loss determine how best to restore their hearing. Our hearing improvement plans are customized to the individual and are backed by a 45-day satisfaction guarantee. If needed, we offer a wide range of hearing devices to ensure that your hearing aids match your personal needs.
At our Fort Collins location, we have two experienced and skillful audiology specialists that provide both professional hearing evaluations and counseling patients on the best remedies to improve their hearing loss.
Margot Steffenhagen, MS, CCC-A, graduated with her Bachelors of Science in Communication Disorders in 1991 from the University of Oklahoma. She received her Masters of Science in Audiology in 1993 from Idaho State University and earned her Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A) in 1994 and has been in good standing from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association since that time. Margot is a licensed audiologist for the State of Colorado and has helped thousands of people hear better since 1993. Margot became a team member of The Hearing Place in the summer of 2015 and we’ve been so happy to have her ever since!
Dr. Katie Cox is a 2014 graduate of the University of Northern Colorado with a Doctorate degree in Audiology. She has an educational emphasis on working with geriatric patients and has served as a committee member on the Discover EAR Zone, which educates children on noise-induced hearing loss and healthy hearing habits. Katie is a fellow of the American Academy of Audiology and has been licensed as an audiologist in the state of Colorado to practice. She is excited to have joined The Hearing Place and hopes to have a positive impact on her home state communities.
Learn more about our full staff here.
Services Offered at Our Fort Collins Location
At The Hearing Place, we offer many various hearing services to best suit your needs. Learn more about how we can help you through your hearing journey.
At The Hearing Place, we offer four different options of hearing tests so you can receive a comprehensive hearing evaluation on your terms.
- Self Test Kit: Our safe and accurate in-home comprehensive hearing evaluations can be taken with a Self Test Kit powered by hearX technology. The hearX Self Test Kit allows patients to take a hearing test remotely, receive counseling, buy and receive hearing aids and have them adjusted, without having to physically consult a professional.
- In-Home Guided Test: Not comfortable taking a hearing test on your own, but not ready to leave the house? Our hearing specialists will come to you! We will come with a hearing test kit to test your hearing from the comfort of your home so you can achieve better hearing on your own terms.
- In-Office Visit: Our Fort Collins office is well-equipped with the most technologically-advanced hearing testing, hearing aid maintenance, and other hearing device equipment to provide you with the best in-person experience possible.
- Online Hearing Test: Our online hearing test is a quick and easy way to determine if you are suffering from hearing loss. The test takes less than 5 minutes to complete and might give you an answer you hadn’t considered before. Take the test now.
Hearing Aid Services
At The Hearing Place, we understand that you’ve made a big investment in your hearing aids, so it is critical to keep them working to the best of their ability. That is why we offer both hearing aid cleaning and maintenance for your convenience. Learn our tips for keeping your hearing aids in optimal condition and schedule an appointment for our hearing aid services.
Hearing Loss Services
We offer many services that can help with various aspects of your hearing.
- Earwax Removal: Our ear wax removal procedure takes 3-5 minutes and is completely pain-free and highly effective with the Earigator™, which combines the functions of both an otoscope and irrigation. Pressure controls ensure that the Earigator™ quickly removes even impacted cerumen, while never endangering the eardrum and avoids any caloric or vertigo side effects with self-contained temperature control.
- Tinnitus Treatments: Tinnitus is the perception of noise in the ears or head when no external noise is present. The American Tinnitus Association lists hearing aids as a treatment option (see our hearing devices offered below). The clinical tools we use at our appointments to evaluate patients suffering from tinnitus include:
- Comprehensive audiological evaluation
- Speech recognition test
- Pure tone audiogram
- Acoustic reflex testing
- Tinnitus sound matching
- Minimum masking level
- Loudness discomfort level
- Sudden Hearing Loss Counseling: When someone rapidly loses hearing when no injury or trauma has occurred, we refer to it as sudden deafness. A person experiencing sudden deafness, called Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss (SSHL), should seek medical attention immediately to receive proper and quick care. If you believe you or a loved one are suffering from sudden deafness (SSHL), we recommend you seek treatment as soon as possible. With proper medical care, about 50% of the people suffering from sudden deafness will regain their hearing within 7-14 days. Schedule your appointment today.
Hearing Devices and Accessories
Not only do we offer the services to improve your hearing, but we also offer the tools that will help you as well. We offer over 7 brands of receiver-in-ear (RIE) hearing aids, behind-the-ear (BTE) hearing aids, and even custom hearing aids. We also offer accessories for your hearing aids, such as noise protection, swim plugs, assistive listening devices, Bluetooth accessories, and batteries.